Specifications for the TP-LINK TD-W8961N:
ADSL2+ Modem: Supports speeds of up to 24Mbps downstream and up to 1Mbps upstream.
NAT Router: Ensures a secure and dependable home network.
4-Port Switch: Allows you to connect up to four wired devices to your network.
Wireless N at 300Mbps: Delivers swift and reliable wireless connections for up to ten devices.
Dual External 5dBi Antennas: Transmit signals throughout your home, establishing a robust and stable Wi-Fi network.
Built-in QoS Engine: Provides various QoS policies to prioritize Internet traffic, facilitating seamless IPTV streaming and lag-free online gaming.
Advanced Security Features: Safeguards your network from unauthorized access with SPI firewall, NAT firewall, and DMZ.
Easy Setup: The TD-W8961N boasts an intuitive web-based interface and user-friendly instructions, ensuring effortless setup and use.
Pros and Cons of the TP-LINK TD-W8961N:
- Affordability: Wallet-friendly pricing.
- Ease of Setup: Simple and straightforward installation.
- Fast Wireless Speeds: Offers rapid wireless connectivity.
- Long-Range Coverage: Provides extensive Wi-Fi coverage.
- Security: Includes robust security features.
- Versatility: Suitable for various home network needs.
- Lacks VDSL Support: Not compatible with VDSL connections.
- Moderate Power: May not be as powerful as some other routers.
- Limited Features: Offers fewer advanced features compared to certain other routers.
In summary, the TP-LINK TD-W8961N is a solid choice for home users seeking an economical, user-friendly router with fast wireless speeds and wide-ranging coverage. Keep in mind that it doesn’t support VDSL and might not be the optimal selection for those requiring a more powerful router with an extensive feature set.
TP-LINK TD-W8961N (Ver.1.0) Firmware
Download BIOS Bin file: TP-LINK TD-W8961N (Ver.1.0) Firmware
Download for free: Link 1