Hide Hard Disk Drive in any Windows. This is a simple trick in Windows to hide your local disk, if you have some important data or documents and you don’t want that someone else change or see it you can hide or disappear your hard drive partition.
- Open your Run dialog box by simply pressing Windows key + R in Windows 8, Windows 7, and Windows 10. OR in Windows 7 click on start menu and type Run in search.
- In Run dialog box type “gpedit.msc”.
- Click on “OK”.
- Group Policy Editor Windows Click on small arrow of “Administrative Templates” to expand.
- Again from the list select “Windows Components” to expand.
- Click on “File Explorer”.
- Double click “Hide these specified drives in My Computer”.
- A new Windows will pop up.
- Select “Enabled”.
- Now I want to hide my drive “D:”, select from drop down menu “Restrict D drive only”.
- Click on “Apply”.
- Refresh your computer.
- Check your hard drive and you will no longer see your hard disk drive.
- To show hidden hard drive disk you can choose “Do no restrict drives” and click on “Apply”.
Hide your hard drive disk to keep your data safe. Please Like & Share this post. Any issue with your laptop or Windows you can ask questions at any time in our Community Support Forum.