Disable Auto Check Disk (chkdsk) on Windows 7 Startup. While installing Windows 7 many times system will start automatically disk checking after every boot, If you leave it to scan your computer it will consume a lot of your time. You can disable this feature in Windows 7 in CMD (Command Prompt). Follow these simple steps below.
- Go to Windows “Start”.
- Type “CMD” in search tab.
- Right click on “CMD” icon and after open menu popup click on “Run as administrator”.
- Command Prompt (cmd) Windows should be run as administrator mode.
- Now type “Chkntfs /x c:” as show in picture below.
- Hit “Enter” Key from the keyboard.
- Close CMD (Command Prompt).
- Restart your computer.
Any trouble with your computer? Go to our Community Support Forum.
Like & Share this post (Disable Auto Check Disk (chkdsk) on Windows 7 Startup).